Today we look at the major changes we have made this week. Before we get to that, we are exctied to announce a new gamemode for this weekend's testing, SQUADS! In SQUADS, you will be able to team up in groups of 2, 3 or 4 players, or if you prefer, you can still play solo and take on everyone alone!
All servers will open at 8AM PDT/ 3PM UTC on Friday, and close at 8AM PDT/ 3PM UTC the following Monday!
Next onto the changes and bug fixes we have made to the game for this weekend’s test.
Your character may sometimes exit a vehicle in an unarmed state
(This issue has now been fixed)
• Added SQUADS gamemode. In SQUADS, you can create teams from 1 to 4 players in size. You can enter a round with either the group you teamed up with, or be randomly teamed with 3 other players once in the match
• Increased player count to 100 per match
• All players now start the match in a single airplane
• Fixed a bug that prevented certain items not being lootable due to them spawning inside of walls, or stuck between different objects
• The moving speed when in the REVIVE state has been slightly increased
• The moving speed when sprinting now varies slightly according to the weapon your character is holding
• Improved the quality of swimming animations
• Fixed an issue that caused the looting animation to not happen if a player has bad connectivity to the server
• Fog effects have been added to long distance views when freefalling/parachuting down to the island
• The compass on the top of the screen is now more visible
• When in team modes, a speaker icon will appear next to the name of the teammate talking
• When in team spectate mode and there are more than 2 teammates alive, you can toggle between views of the remaining teammates
• The drag-and-unequip-from-inventory action has now been improved to be more responsive
• Balance changes made to rankings. There won’t be any changes to any previous ranking attained
• Fixed some issues that were causing client crashes
• Fixed a bug that caused the character to go under the map when landing with a parachute
• Fixed team spectator so now you will see all views (3rd/1st/ADS) of the spectated player
• Fixed a bug that prevented you from figuring out sound direction in spectate mode
See you in-game,