Before I start, I would like to thank you all once again for your help testing our second alpha build last weekend! We were very happy with how the test went and are addressing standout issues before this coming weekend’s test.
EU servers will come online 4 hours earlier to make up for the downtime last weekend. EU servers will be online at 1PM CET on both Saturday & Sunday.
We will be opening the servers on Thursday from 8PM-12AM PST for a short stress test of the new build before going live this weekend. During this stress test we would like you to help us confirm if two of the issues below have been resolved. These issues are the leaderboard statistics and the sound bug causing remote sounds to be played locally. If you find that there are still bugs with both of these areas, please report them on the forums!
You can see the full set of patch notes at the end of this post, but here is an overview of some of things we’ve fixed:
After a lot of investigation by the engineering & QA teams, we have found that this is due the amount of memory we specified in our minimum system requirements. Due to this, we need to increase the minimum memory required from 8GB to 16GB. We understand that this may exclude some of you from participating in the test, and for this we apologize. We will do our best to try reduce the minimum memory requirements before the end of this round of alpha testing, but we cannot guarantee this at the moment.
We have made a lot of improvements to this system for testing this weekend. We have both reduced the time and magnitude of flinching. Also, when you have a vest equipped, the effects of the aim punch will be reduced further. You can see an example of this in the short video below.
Due to a bug in the code, the bullet travel tick rate was set to 10Hz. We have updated this to now run at 60Hz. This will mean hit registration will work as we first intended (at both close and long range).
We had an issue with stats being pushed to the client last weekend, and other issues on our servers causing some of the data to be lost. We believe we have fixed these issues and most of your statistics should display when you are in-game over the weekend. We need to confirm this in the stress test on Thursday!
As some of you experienced, sometimes you would hear a remote sound played locally for your character eg. gunshots when no player was near you. We believe we have fixed the issue that caused this bug, but please report it if it is still occurring.
We hope you’re having fun and value your feedback. Please report any bugs or things you’d like to see to our forums at: http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com
See you in-game!
Minimum Requirements (updated)
Alpha 2 Patch Notes
- The countdown time in lobby before start of game was changed from 1.5 minutes to 2 minutes
- Damage dealt while outside the Blue Zone now increases with each zone change.
- Initial fuel amount for spawned vehicles was changed from 50% to a random value between 40–100%
- Care package casting time was removed. You will now be able to open them immediately
- Increased the percentage chance that a building would spawn loot from 85% to 100%. Now all buildings on the map will spawn loot
- Decreased the spawn chance for frying pans
- Other loot balance changes were implemented
ACTIONS & GUNPLAY
- Fixed an issue that allowed movement at high speed when jumping
- Changed jumping mechanic slightly to make consecutive jumping more difficult (WIP)
- Fixed a bug where bullet tick travel time was set to 10hz instead of 60hz
- Decreased both time and effect duration of aim punch. Effect decreases additionally when wearing vest
- Fixed an issue where the crosshair would reveal a player’s location in certain circumstances
- Fixed the issue of mouse sensitivity changing when view mode is switched
- Volume of care package airplane was decreased by 20%.
- Sound volume during freefall and lobby music were decreased
- Fixed an issue where voice chat volume would change levels unrealistically
- Weapons will no longer be switched when scrolling mouse with the inventory open
- Removed hit markers from crosshair
- Enabled Auto Run key to be changed in key binding options.
- For left-handed users, enabled setting “Up, Down, Left, Right” keys as movement keys
- Added an effect to emphasize the fuel gauge when using boost to help players understand that vehicle boost consumes much more fuel
- Fixed issues related to voice chat
- Fixed an issue that caused bullet cracks not to be played
- Fixed an issue that caused remote sounds to be played locally for some players
- Fixed collision issues with drain pipe models
- Fixed an issue that caused care packages to appear late into the game
- Fixed issues with certain doors only opening from certain angles
- Decreased the time character is the air after jumping from height
- Mouse sensitivity will no longer be reset for every new game
- Fixed issue of game data not being displayed correctly on the statistics page
With this patch, data that was not displayed in player statistics during last week’s playtest is now expected to be displayed correctly. However, some data may have been lost due to issues on the server side. We ask for your understanding.