This post will provide you with information about our second round of alpha tests starting tomorrow. I am excited for you to see what we have accomplished in the last two months. While we have done a lot of optimization since the last alpha, it is not representative of the final build of the game.
First though, here is a short preview of gameplay from the alpha 2 build.
You can see the full set of patch notes below, but here is an overview of some of things we’ve added:
- Added military base and 4 other new locations to the map (WIP)
- Added African American/Asian male/female characters
- Added 4 melee weapons, Molotov cocktail and crossbow
- Added the Boost System
- Added push-to-talk
- Added Sedan & Speedboat
- Added sound obstruction & positional audio (WIP)
- Added character statistics and 2D game replays (WIP)
You will notice we have included a rewards system in this build. This system is a placeholder for the final one we intend to implement and we will have a blog post later this month explaining it in more detail. There are quite a few issues with the system in the game at the moment, but we need to test the reward points and associated systems, so we have included it in this build.